Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Electric blankets, Gratuitous complexity??

On Sat, 05 Jan 2013 07:31:24 -0800, whoyakidding's ghost
wrote:

On Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:21:32 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

When my two twelve volt batteries died, I got two mondo six volts and wired
them in series. They lasted a lot longer than the two twelves, and I would
suggest it to anyone who

... is dumb enough to take clueless advice.

is at a stage of buying two new twelve volt
batteries for their MH or TT. I can't explain the math

No ****?

, but it does give
you more amp hours. Costs about the same. Sure made a big difference in
our coach on how long the batteries would last between charges, and
intensity of lights.

Steve

LOL

Just so happens he is right - even if not for the right reasons. MUCH
better to increase voltage by connecting in series that to increase
amps by connecting in parallel. A "battery" by definition, is a
series of cells connected in series. Parallel connection of cells is
much more likely to run into problems down the line.