Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default mcculloch electric chainsaw leaks

On Sat, 5 Jan 2013 10:55:00 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
.. .
I didn't realize that chain oil viscosity varied.

Might want to check what the manufacturer recommends. Remington's
electrics say to use 30 weight engine oil-- *not* chain oil.

That is interisting. I thought the cain oil should be bio-degradable and
not regular engine oil. Not so much as for the chain, but for the
enviroment.
If the EPA saw that, I bet it would change.

Don't know- I read it first about 10 years ago-- And they are still
recommending engine oil
http://www.remingtonchainsaw.com/man...107051-01b.pdf
[now they say 30- or 10 when it is cold and 40 when it is hot]

Jim