Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default "Service Manual" CAUTION via eservicemanual.info

wrote:
Hi,

Here is the reason I wanted the Service Manual. I wanted to
find the location of the RTC/CMOS battery.

When I recently turned on my HP Pavilion N3390 laptop, I get an ERROR:
"0271: Check Date and Time Settings" during power up with the option to press
F1 to continue or F2 for Setup. Also F10 diagnostics is available. No mater
what I select, I must enter a password!!!! Note: I never set a password on
this laptop, and I never had to enter a password in the past when I entered
(F2) setup. I have no clue what password I should enter.

John

There may be a default password that the machine goes to - this would
likely be mentioned in the owners manual where it talks about initial
setup process.

Try the serial number too...

As for the web site without the proper manual, send a note, they may
refund your money. I have had that happen for me when a downloaded
purchased schematic was incorrect.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com