Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Cross-Slide Cross-Slide is offline

Default Before I throw out an old microwave....

On Friday, January 4, 2013 6:24:48 PM UTC-6, Existential Angst wrote:
A big, 20 year old, quality microwave went kaput.... I think. Convection,

all the bells/whistles, GE.

Anything worth salvaging, of diy-er value?? The klystron is proly too

dangerous to fool around with, but man, what a honkin xsformer in there.

What's the secondary? Klystrons need such xsformer poundage??

I have the working innards of another microwave, but don't know enough about

them to fool with them safely. Mebbe I'll give it to my neighbor's kid....

No, No, just kidding..... lol

--

EA

The outer coils ( high voltage windings) will strip off easily leaving a primary and core you could add a few turns to for a spot welder supply...