Posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.d-i-y
Newshound Newshound is offline

Default OT - Nexus 7 tablet - sold out? X-post

On 04/01/2013 20:49, David WE Roberts wrote:
Before Xmas there was a lot of hype about competition in the 7" tablet
arena, and wide predictions of a price war.

Now I am Googling for the Nexus 7 32GB and the cheapest I can see it is
£199.99 (original suggested selling price) and most places it is out of
stock.
Even the 16 GB seems to be £189.99 as opposed to the cheaper prices
advertised when the 32GB was launched.

Anyone know what is goiong on here?

Cheers

Dave R

PC World were out of stock of these yesterday when I went in to buy a
Samsung Chromebook.

Not a place I usually shop, but same price everywhere and to be fair the
young sales lad was very well informed, and they had a nice case at a
sensible price.

Interestingly, PCW was almost deserted compared to John Lewis, where the
computer/tablet section was packed. And they were only selling
chomebooks on-line: nothing on display.

Probably now looking for a Nexus 7 myself: wife has taken to chromebook
like duck to water so I may not get a look-in.