Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default water leaking burnham v-14a-t

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013 20:04:14 -0800 (PST), bob haller
wrote:

you might want to check the current cost. 30 years ago everything was
special steel pipe.

today the lines are plastic rated for natural gas. in addition if you
had a buddy with a backhoe you could have him do the digging saving
even more

Would not be worth it. 30 years ago I was burning 800 gallons of oil
a year. With a more efficient boiler, it is now about 450. I'd have
to convert the boiler to gas too. Even if I save 50% on that, $800 a
year is going to take a long time to pay it back. Maybe if I was 20
years younger.