Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default water leaking burnham v-14a-t

On Jan 3, 10:38*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:06:46 -0600, Vic Smith

wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 06:05:26 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:06:56 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

*Many reasons to get
away from an old oil-fired unit, and get a new gas unit.

Sure, if you can. *They wanted $10,000 to run a gas line to my house
and that was 30 years ago. *I still burn oil.

Checked the cost lately?
About 1968 *my ma was still burning hopper coal - in Chicago.
When that hot water boiler sprung a leak she went to oil, because gas
lines were too expensive.
Didn't go to gas until about '80. *Can't remember the details.
Seems by now most gas utilities in densely populated areas would have
worked out the service line costs.
This glut of NG is real good.

The nearest line is a several hundred feet away and I'd be the only
house using it. *No payback for them or me.

you might want to check the current cost. 30 years ago everything was
special steel pipe.

today the lines are plastic rated for natural gas. in addition if you
had a buddy with a backhoe you could have him do the digging saving
even more