Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default So, what's the point of that, then ... ?

"Arfa Daily"

With 40 yeras of experience in this game, and added to the all the
combined years of the rest of us on here, if we can't come up with a
sensible reason, then you have to assume that there *is* no sense to it. I
hate it when you get a puzzle like this though. I really would like to
know what the designer was thinking when he did this for the "English"
model only. By that, do they actually mean the "UK" model ?

** Yes.

The motive back then was the British hi-fi press's obsession with "damping
factor" or DF.

By omitting the wiring to and from the HP jack, Denon were able to publish
an impressive number for DF and the folk in sales thought this to be a good
idea, at least for the UK market.

..... Phil