Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why are trusses being used in homes

On Thursday 03 January 2013 17:14 Steve B wrote in alt.home.repair:

Uh, because structurally, and financially, they are the best way to span
open spaces with something that will hold up the weight of the roof and a
snow load?

What do I win?

Steve

I guess a lot comes down to the roof angle too.

If you have a 40 degree pitch as I do on a 8x12m building, then it is
begging for a loft conversion. Though, these days, you might as well build
that in from the get-go - as someone said, if you can get engineered trusses
with big cuboid spaces built in, then why not...

If you have a 20 degree (or less) roof, no-one is likely to do very much in
the roof space...

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"History will be kind to me for I intend to write it."