Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default Unhappy with Aprilair 600 humidifier

"bud--" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 1/2/2013 5:51 PM, Cliff H wrote:
You can also turn down the water. I cranked mine down so that when it was
on
a working for awhile there was only a very small trickle of water out the
drain.

I never read the instructions for one, but I thought that is what you were
supposed to do. You want to keep the plates wet. Flushing some water
through will reduce mineral buildup.

RTFM?

What makes you imagine I didn't read the manual
I'm one of those guys that get well paid because others don't read their
manuals

I'm using more water in winter, than in the other 3 seasons when SWMBO is
watering the garden at the drop of a hose.

I used far less water with portable humidifiers and humidity was more
consistent
Hence my unhappiness.

I am looking for a way to measure accurately what goes into the humidifier,
and what comes out, at different settings.
So I can figure how how much water is just plain flushed by this system

So now that we've discussed side issues
Does ANYONE have any suggestions for a simple mechanical off-the-shelf flow
meter to measure relatively low-level water going in and coming out of the
humidifier ?