Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default Why are trusses being used in homes

On Jan 3, 1:18*am, Tim Watts wrote:
Doug wrote:
Aside from the other replies I read, I'd say overall better
workmanship and more uniformity in measurements.

I think that is just a sign of modern builders being lazy or incompetant.

My house (1950's) has excellent regularity in the original framing work.
Unlike the loft conversion that was done in the 1970's by a moron with a
hammer.

--
Tim Watts * * * * * * * * Personal Blog:http://www.dionic..net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

It's not that the builders are lazy or incompetent, it's just good
business sense. It's more efficient to have them built in a factory
in controlled environment, Most of the time, attic space aren't
engineered for loft use anyway, even though many people think they can
put some plywood down and built some knee walls and move in. Then
they complain about the below ceiling sagging.