Vic Baron

Default wood storage dilemma

Mike -

I agree -

Option one - restore the piano first and try to get a new tool out of it.
Also, you might point out to your wife that having an old piano sitting in a
garage for any length of time will play havoc with the innards. Restoring it
can become quite costly if you have to replace hammers and pads, etc.

option two - make the supreme effort and put the piano in the attic - you'll
only have to move it once g. It will probably stay there.

option 3 - a little drastic maybe but woodworking is woodworking - get rid
of SWMBO. - BONUS!! - put her IN the piano and get rid of both at the same
time, unless there's some really good wood in the piano.

If you MUST keep SWMBO, see option one

HTH,

Vic

"Mike in Mystic" wrote in message
Hi everyone,

SWMBO and I are at loggerheads regarding my wood storage/shop space. To
date, she has had this old POS piano that she says she's going to restore
sitting in one corner of the garage/shop. I need/want the space to set up
more workstation/storage space. She offered that if I take down my wood
storage rack that is along the back wall of the other garage bay, and move
the piano there, then things would be fine. Ugh.

The only other option I have is the attic storage above the garage, which

is
actually quite spacious. There is a hoist on one end and a swing-out set

of
double doors. Inside is a pull-down staircase.

My question is - does anyone have experience dealing with lumber storage
upstairs in a loft/attic like this? Is a hoist the best/easiest/safest

way
to get rough lumber in reasonably long (approx. 8'-12') lengths into such

space? It just seems like a royal PITA to me, but I have to live with the
space I have for now. There really isn't any space on my property to

build
an outdoor shed or other storage facility.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Mike