Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anti rust

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 03 Jan 2013
12:20:57 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Gunner wrote:

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 05:45:18 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 20:18:44 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

"John B." wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 10:01:03 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2013 09:43:51 -0700, wrote:

Got a BUNCH of rusty tire chains, that are shedding every
time I move them.

Got citric acid for derusting, now just need something to
keep them from rusting again.

Dip application, and preferably won't cover me whith slime
every time I have to move 'em into or out of vehicle.

thanks

gary

Hook em up to the rear bumper of your car and drag em a few miles down
a gravel road. Works great for cleaning them (and chain) up.

Then store em in 50 cal ammo cans with a spritz of LPS-3 before
closing them up. Lable the cans for the chain size and voila! Bobs
your uncle.

Ive kept my tire chains that way for decades. Works very well.

Gunner

Tire chains in Southern California....... In the high desert......

They have other uses than just traction on ice & snow.

But..we use em for traction on ice and snow.

The large mountain pass between the Central Valley and the LA basin
gets on average about 50,000 big trucks alone per day.

Of course but they can be used to pull a car out of a ditch or most
other jobs that you need a mediu grade chain for, and it has a built in
spare. ;-)

True enough. But I carry a 25' chain all the time.

Why would you want to get within 25 foot of a frothing liberal who
needs pulled out of a ditch? ;-)

I suspect that Gunner would only offer to help normal, or normal
appearing, people. Raving loons, or frothy liberalth - in the words
of the Old Philosopher "Stay away. Stay very far away."

"This is the chain of command. It is the chain I beat you with
until you follow my commands."
--
pyotr filipivich
Question for the gun Control advocates, "Do you agree with