Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Anti rust

On Jan 2, 11:43*am, wrote:
Got a BUNCH of rusty tire chains, that are shedding every
time I move them.

Got citric acid for derusting, now just need something to
keep them from rusting again.

Dip application, and preferably won't cover me whith slime
every time I have to move 'em into or out of vehicle.

thanks

gary

You need to keep oxygen away from the chains. And there are lots ways
to do that. Put them in a air tight container or put something on the
chain. I got a gallon of liquid floor wax at a estate sale and use
that. Parafin in paint thinner would work about the same.

Harbor Freight sell vacuum storage bags, which would work well, But
expensive when not on sale. So maybe ziploc bags from Walmart. They
would work fine if you do not move the bags. They are too flimsy
except for sitting on a shelf.

Dan