Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default Controlling Thermal Growth

On 2013-01-02, Joe AutoDrill wrote:
On 12/28/2012 5:40 PM, Ignoramus1442 wrote:
Are you interested in two Dumore No. 24 automatic drilling heads?

Unfortunately, not many people are. I get calls from folks looking to
replace them almost daily now because people can't get service, parts, etc.

If one calls with a #24 need, I'll shoot them in your direction.

Thanks! Any idea what they are worth?

Honestly? Depends on the customer... One guy may need it and will be
willing to pay $1000+ for each one if they work well. The next guy
(more likely) is looking for parts and will pay $50 for them and
complain about the shipping...

It's like that with used self-feeders. They simply don't hold value
because they are often configured for a specific job, etc. That and
most of my competitors haven't a clue when it comes to post-sale
customer support on parts, etc. As their customer, you may have the
perfect machine, but if it's missing a widget, they can't figure out how
to sell it to you.

--
http://tinyurl.com/My-Official-Response

Regards,