Todd Fatheree

Default Bench Dog Or Bench Hold Down Clamp?

"Tim Hurd" wrote in message
I'm building a workbench that I originally designed to have a series of
3/4" x 3/4" bench dogs. I'm about to cut the dogs, but I came across
some 8-1/8" bench hold down clamps:

So, which should I go with? The dogs or the clamps?

The workbench will have no specific mission, just a general workbench.
The dogs are 3/4" square and the clamps are 3/4" diameter.

Thanks.

I can envision times when one or the other would be preferable. My
ingenious solution would be to buy both. My only concern would be knowing
how the hold down clamp (an I incorrect in also calling this a holdfast?) is
made. I'd have a preference for a forged one over cast.

todd