Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Making a Shunt Resistor

In article om,
newshound wrote:
Pico Technology used to do a "clamp" type ammeter which you connect to a
normal DVM, and which does DC as well as AC amps, but it looks as though
this has been discontinued. ISTR it was about £50. Occasionally very
handy for car diagnostics (I think it gives 1 mV per amp).

I have one of these, and it's not really accurate enough on DC. Or rather
not for my purposes. Although one which was would be handy.

--
*How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.