Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default An opinion on gun control

On 01-01-2013 12:07, Attila Iskander wrote:
I think that what we need now are challenges to State laws using Heller
and MacDonald to question the constitutionality of the state laws.

You would sacrifice the Tenth Amendment for the Second?

Note that such a ploy could backfire. It could reverse 521 U.S. 898,
about which Wikipedia says:

In 1997, the Court again ruled that the Brady Handgun Violence
Prevention Act violated the Tenth Amendment (Printz v. United States,
521 U.S. 898 (1997)). The act required state and local law
enforcement officials to conduct background checks on persons
attempting to purchase handguns. Justice Antonin Scalia, writing for
the majority, applied New York v. United States to show that the law
violated the Tenth Amendment. Since the act "forced participation of
the State's executive in the actual administration of a federal
program", it was unconstitutional.

--
Wes Groleau

¡Qué quiero realmente hacer es comer un perrito caliente!
私が実際にしたいと思う何をホット ッグを食べることである!
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.org/WWW?itemid=463