Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels[_3_] Lee Michaels[_3_] is offline

Default mothballs?

We used to have a cat that took care of that sort of thing for us. Then she
died. Then the rats came. Lots of traps, sealing the walls, under the
house, etc. For some reason they won't go in my garage. I think that
another cat has claimed that as his territory. Fine with me.

My solution? We got another cat. When we first got him as a kitten, the
rats were unimpressed. But it did not take long for growth and natural born
predator instincts to kick in. Now the little guy plays with our dog all
the time. They are best of buddies and burn up a lot of energy (and
calories). I tell my wife that he is training on the dog to kill rats.
Since he is now about half the size of the dog and much bigger than a rat,
he will do just fine. He will pounce on anything, moving or not. I know it
is old school, but it is the only that has worked for me.