Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

wrote:

If that is true - that the "masses is asses" what does that say about
the large segment of American society that believes guns reduce
crime?????

Several surveys have shown there are between 1.8 million and 8 million
defensive uses of a firearm each year. So there's a passel of empirical
evidence. Twice over the past 15 years I've had occasion to display my
firearm, both in a Home Depot parking lot. Both involved a scruffy
individual carrying a potential weapon (one a 4' long piece of rebar and the
other a 2x2). When they continued to advance after me saying "Stop, come no
closer!", I pulled my piece. They both backed off, one even offering "Hey,
man, I just wanted to borrow a cigarette (and I intend to light it with this
here pipe)."

I count those experiences and a crime probably thwarted.

A sabre cuts both ways.

Sorry, a sabre only cuts one way. Usually. You're probably thinking of a
sword.