Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default An opinion on gun control

"Doug" wrote in message

I can't speak for a true "anti" gunner but speaking for myself, I just
want better limitations on the use of guns with grandfathered rights.
I don't feel people with guns have the rights to ANY guns in order to
protect themselves. Maybe we need to scrap all the gun laws and
start over ???

Maybe gun-controllers need to scrap their paranoid fears and get medical
help
And maybe they like you, need to stop using terms like "ANY guns", and
instead educate yourself on what is covered by the 2nd Amendment (and NO,
it's not nuclear bombs, aircraft carriers, and other such.)
The 2nd Amendment actually gives you a framework defining which guns are the
most protected.
They are those that would be standard issue to a soldier, were the militia
called up and issued military arms to serve.
The other part covers anything that an individual would deem appropriate for
defense of self, others and property, against BOTH criminals, and government
goons intent on abrogating your rights. Right there, you also have a
definition that you have a right to ANY and ALL the weapons that a
government on the road to tyranny would use against you. (Waco, Ruby Ridge,
Fast and Furious, anyone ?).

Today that would mean any or a combination of, a select fire rifle, a
shotgun, a long-range sniper rifle, a squad automatic rifle, and a handgun.