Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

wrote in
news
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:28:07 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller
wrote:

Dave wrote in
news:a96td85pab7lsmqfpdvprvbika71ulqbij@ 4ax.com:

On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 13:25:26 -0500,
wrote:
Black market guns coming FROM CANADA? - extremely few.

In fact, it's EXACTLY the opposite. A significant amount of
guns in Canada come from the US.

I'm curious -- do you have a cite for that? I thought that
Canada had pretty strict controls over importing firearms.

We do have. But border enforcement is spotty, and we have a
pretty
wide-open border between the northwestern states and the prairie
provinces - as well as a large "maritime" boarder bounded by the
great lakes. LEGAL imports of firearms are strictly enforced. -
and limited. Illegal imports from the USA are MUCH easier than
imports from europe or asia.
Legan gun POSESSION in Canada is quite restricted and controlled
- so where are all these illegal weapons coming FROM Canada
coming from???????

Overseas, perhaps, I don't know -- you claimed they're coming from
the US and I asked you for a cite for that.

Interesting that you haven't provided one.