Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Preppers

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 18:55:14 +0000 (UTC), James Waldby
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 11:48:08 -0500, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:02:53 -0800, Gunner
wrote:
Everything above..Ive used in some of the coldest badlands in the US
and survived quite nicely. I grew up in an area that the average
winter temp during the day..was -20F..on a warm day. And Ive seen it
-80F with a good wind blowing.

Grew up in Barrow AK? There's no place in the continental US where
the "average winter temp during the day" is -20F.

True, but in northern Minnesota and Michigan that often is the average
temperature for individual days. I happened to visit southern MN for a
couple of winter months ca. 1970, and there was a week where the high
temperature was -30F. Made the tractors sound kind of interesting when
starting up cold. During the '80s every northern MN winter had at least
a few days of -40 to -45 temperatures; I think it's gotten a bit milder
there in recent years, although things like -54F in 2005 and -57F in 1996
still happen.

http://weather-warehouse.com/WeatherHistory/PastWeatherData_Embarrass_Embarrass_MN_January.htm l

Ayup.

then there is snow fall "averages" as well. Growing up in Michigans
UP...average snow fall per winter is 220 inches. A bit more than 20
feet. Fortunately..it tends to pack down a bit.

http://fellowshipofminds.wordpress.c...in-n-michigan/

http://icons-ak.wunderground.com/dat...owLvr/1092.jpg

http://kstp.com/kstpImages/DeerDeepSnow.JPG

http://www.jaxrabbit.com/images/Weather01.jpg

http://csumc.wisc.edu/exhibit/Heikki...p_image011.jpg

http://csumc.wisc.edu/exhibit/Heikki...line/2006.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11780965@N06/5024563781/

http://amysangster.com/wp-content/up...9/moresnow.jpg

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/col.../UP%20snow.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...d17/img045.jpg

http://travel.nationalgeographic.com...9u_eokisswXUD/

Shrug...which is why I now live in Californias high desert.

Gunner

1. Lie