D. A. Clark

Default What is Living Trade?

(Conan The Librarian) wrote in message
I can't believe it; you actually said you like the contrast of the
woods I used on a project. ;-) The frame is black willow. I had
built a box for my C&W smoother using willow and walnut and they
looked so nice together that I figured I'd try it on a larger scale.
The willow carries just enough of a rich brown to pick up the walnut's
color, IMHO.
Also, I went to quite a bit of trouble to get the willow's grain
to match across the pieces and get a nice contour from the grain
pattern following the lines of the frame.
It's nice to hear that someone else appreciates the choice of
woods.
Chuck Vance (happy to be talking about woodworking again)

Geez, Chuckie, ya sound like the effeminate little decorator ya
are...taking credit for inherent color and grain as if you had created
it. That ain't working wood, ya little ****ant.