Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Does this comparator exist....

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 16:23:50 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 12/30/2012 4:08 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Does this comparator exist....

Has the usual two inputs, inverting and non-inverting, BUT it switches
when the DIFFERENCE between the two inputs is some reference value,
either fixed/built-in, or adjustable by an extra pin?

I know I could construct such a thing, but I'm looking for something
small, minimum pins, etc., i.e. a Joerg part ;-)

...Jim Thompson

How about a TL431?

If you want something faster, there's the MCP65R41T.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Lots of LVDS-to-CMOS receivers have some built-in offset, ca 100 mV. All the
ones that we've tested behave like good r-r comparators. Cheap and fast.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer