Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default What is cheapest Wifi-enabled device I can buy to test wifi access?

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:35:45 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

MM wrote:

No, the existing network is a *wired* setup employing only Cat5
cables. The Thomson SpeedTouch model 536 connects to the phone socket
and to the D-Link DES-1005D switch. I currently have NO wifi. The
extra TP-Link gizmo that I'll buy is for adding wifi to the existing
wired installation.

Oh - I see. Thought you had a WIFI base station but it range was
insufficient.

No, no, not at all. I am perfectly content with a wired network, but
said relative only understands wifi, so I'm trying to meet this
requirement. Who knows? Maybe I'll become a convert to wifi myself in
future!

MM