Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Took some photos in the shop today....

On 12/29/2012 6:20 PM, Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:26:28 -0800 (PST), clark
wrote:

Gunner,
Thanks for posting that.
What fraction of the time are you working on hobby stuff in the shop and what fraction are you on the computer?

I was 50/50 until 2012 hunting season. Since I am just on the computer

Probably 35% computer, 45% shop, the remaining time is either spend
reading, or working in my reloading/electronics shop

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...29931 0252690

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...40055 1305954

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...33280 0995266

Now that winter is here that is. During the summer months...its
mostly out in the outside shop or in the hills or out at the lake on
one of the sail boats.

I do post a lot from a laptop out in the shop. Ill take a break from
puttering, read the messages, post and then go back to puttering.

In fact..Im out here right now. Im working on a 1891 Argentine
Engineers Carbine, Its missing the rear sight leaf and Im trying
various peep sights to see if I should put on a peep, or simply
manufacture a new rear replacement sight. Ive had it for at least 4
yrs..but cant remember where or when I got it. That stroke
thingy..shrug.

Did you check out that contact info I sent about the '91 carbine rear sight?

I found a LOT of bullet moulds and Stuff that I cant remember where
or when I got em. There is a hole from about 2007-2009 that is
"spongey" in my memory. Kinda like a jig saw puzzle with the odd
missing piece or 3.

I had a newsgroup reader on my cell phone..and decided to delete it.
It was taking far too much of my time.

Keep in mind..that I had heart surgery and then followed it up with a
nice stroke in 2009. And I didnt do anything at all except work or lay
around at home for over a year and a half while the brain was healing
up. My energy levels were very small, had no endurance and didnt
trust myself in many physical tasks. Thats has mostly..mostly changed
back to nearly normal. Im now 59 and dont have the stones I had 5 yrs
ago. Shrug.

Have you checked out Strokenet?

http://www.strokenetwork.org/

My best buddy (since 4th grade) upstairs celebrated his 5th year since
his stroke on 12/27. To celebrate, he bought a Star Model S .380. He's
now a southpaw, as not much on the right side works well.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...02839970991314

DAMN!! I put a lot of hours a long time ago pounding out parts on one of
those. Turn off your mind, pound parts.

Working away from home 20-25 days a month for years..I didnt have a
lot of energy to get stuff done when I got home..or had family
responsiblities that got in the way. Or little money..shrug again.

Which reminds me..Ive got this 5x10 Brunswick snooker table that needs
to be sold to someone...early 20th century table....but cant move the
slate without the forklift.....

None of those companies had a clapped out forklift you could cobble back
together?

David