Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default What is cheapest Wifi-enabled device I can buy to test wifi access?

On Dec 29, 2:42*pm, MM wrote:
My Cat5 network at home works fine, but soon I shall be entertaining a
relative for several weeks, the relative has a laptop and wishes to
connect to my network.

I already have two TP-Link TL-PA211KIT 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet
Adapters to run a PC downstairs via the mains, (Router and ADSL modem
are upstairs.)

I'm thinking of buying this:
TP Link TL-WPA281 AV200 Powerline Extender with Wireless N Access
Point

But as none of my three PCs is wifi-enabled, I've got no way of
testing whether the wireless part will work to my relative's laptop

It will almost certainly have an Ethernet socket so just buy an extra
cable.

MBQ