Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 10:30:08 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
ain.local...

Wearing full body armor, riding in an armored vehicle, and surrounding
yourself with highly trained armed guards is no guarantee that you will
not be shot.

That is for sure... Ronald Reagan was probably the most protected man in
America when he was shot...

Not much can stop a goal oriented attacker... and with the option of weapons
substitution, a worldwide total elimination of guns wouldn't stop them
either.

That's absolutely true. And throwing good money after bad in trying
to protect from the unprotectable is downright assinine.

This reality leaves people feeling somewhat helpless so doing something,
regardless of how ill conceived that something may be, is deemed to be
better than doing nothing. A thoughtful society with thoughtful leaders
would see the folly of this...

I liked this column: http://tinyurl.com/bu9fadb
Louis Woodhill
The Sandy Hook Horror Begs Us To Have The Courage To Do Nothing

I just realized that I hadn't finished reading this one, but it, too
started out good. http://tinyurl.com/cgqbghy
Dan McLaughlin
Gun Control, Gun Rights, Gun Politics and Newtown: Part I of II
(I haven't found part II yet.)

But there is also a public opinion reality
about which a sociologist associate of mine is fond of quoting his
grandmother, "The masses is asses."

Har! Good one.

One would hope that our elected officials are not asses... but that too is
often folly so "something" will be done. Here is an example of what will be
coming up for debate:

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

I certainly hope her karma catches up to her while we can still watch
it.

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.