Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_3_] John Grossbohlin[_3_] is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY -- 5/15/1927

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
In article ,
says...

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

Thinking about it, I would faver the Feinstein bill if it was modified
in a few ways. First, a clause providing Federal preemption on all NFA
firearms--if you pass the Federal check you are not subject to state or
local bans, second, a clause providing that passing the stringent
Federal background check automatically qualifies one for CCW in all
states, third, that having passed the check once one may purchase an
unlimited quantity of NFA firearms provided that one pays the tax on
each, fourth, a clear statement of the disqualfying criteria that does
not provide room for personal animosity or personal opposition to the
ownership of firearms, and fifth, an oversight organization placed on
top of the ATF that is not answerable to the ATF chain of command but
that does have the power to terminate any ATF employee at any time on
finding of improper action.

Christmas was LAST week... but I like your thinking!

John