Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_3_] John Grossbohlin[_3_] is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY -- 5/15/1927

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
in.local...
In article ,
says...

One would hope that our elected officials are not asses... but that too
is
often folly so "something" will be done. Here is an example of what will
be
coming up for debate:

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...ssault-weapons

Of particular interest is this section:
a.. Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the
National
Firearms Act, to include:
a.. Background check of owner and any transferee;
b.. Type and serial number of the firearm;
c.. Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
d.. Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that
possession would not violate State or local law; and
e.. Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
What this means is that currently owned semi-automatic firearms
classified
as "assault weapons" under this law would need to be registered (read
licensed and potentially taxed) under the same procedures as
fully-automatic
firearms. The NFA currently calls for a $200 transfer tax for full auto
weapons... plus approval of local law enforcement. I have associates in
non-NY states who own Class III weapons and the biggest stumbling block
they
report is the local law enforcement. They don't have to justify a
denial...
John

Lets hope that there is still enough common sense in the new Congress to
tell her to put a sock in it.

Perhaps they need to be reminded that weapons substitution is, and has been
a reality for a long long time...

http://www.giftbasketsfrommichigan.c...chool-bombing/

John