Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default An opinion on gun control

On Dec 29, 4:34*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 02:38:56 -0800 (PST), harry

wrote:
On Dec 28, 9:38*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:26:15 -0800 (PST), harry

wrote:
On Dec 28, 6:05*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 08:28:42 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
On Dec 28, 11:15*am, wrote:
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 00:26:18 -0800 (PST), harry

wrote:
At the time of the Me262 we were flying the Meteor.

We are not talking about experimental aircraft. The ME 262 was
operational

Yes, those Britts were the masters of aviation. *They
transfered all that superiority into products like the Comet.
Remember that? *That was back in the 50's and the end
of the Britts as aviation wizards. * Funny how today Boeing and Airbus
rule the roost. *Even the last great attempt in aviation by
the Britts went down in flames.....Concorde. *How much
money was lost on that fiasco?

Yeah Harry conveniently forgot the Mustang and the B-29 when he was
talking about the best WWII planes.
He brags about the aircraft carrier but their naval aviation peaked
with the Mosquito, a bi-plane. A Hellcat would kick a Spitfire's ass
and it could land on a carrier.
I guess his WWII history stopped in 1942 when the US came in

Dopey as ever I see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Mosquito
The fastest operational aircraft in the world at the time..

My fault, I was thinking about the swordfish

BTW "at the time" was a time before the Mustang or the ME 262

The mustang first flew in 1940 and was used operationally by the RAF
long before the US airforce

Mustang was a joint British American project powered by Rolls Royce
engines made under licence in the USA..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A...n_P-51_Mustang
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packard_V-1650

I suppose you think the B 29 was a british plane too because the
engineers at Boeing spoke English

Hadn't thought of that. I'll look into it.
You could be right.