Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:43:58 -0500, FrozenNorth
wrote:

On 12/29/2012 1:39 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:02:17 -0500, wrote:

Up here in "Canukistan" our motor vehicle insurance is "no-fault" -
so even if the other moron has no insurance you are covered. Your
insurance company goes after his ass for you. No recoverable assets?
He'll never drive, legally, again. He will be uninsureable.

I bet that has done a lot to keep law breakers off the road too.

It is truly a dumb law if the guy really wants to comply and reform in
the future, he is now forced to drive illegally. Smart thinking.

You also need proof of insurance to buy a new car or to get plates
renewed annually, not to say someone couldn't borrow somebody's car but.....

Sure, but insurance can be cancelled the next day. That's the problem
in Alabama, where something like 1/4 of all drivers are uninsured,
despite the laws against driving without insurance.