Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default What is cheapest Wifi-enabled device I can buy to test wifi access?

Of course it goes without saying I hope that the wireless bit will be
passworded. I used to have an open link till evey tom dick and harriet
started to use it from their cars outside. Usually late at night, I hate to
think what else they might have been up to....

Brian

Email:

"John Williamson" wrote in message
MM wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 14:47:12 +0000, Tim Watts
Get a mate with a smartphone to come round.

And then what?!!! I am a COMPLETE novice where wifi is concerned.
What's supposed to happen?

Most modern smartphones can connect to Wifi. Mine has a good Wifi sniffing
application available, so I can even use it to check things like signal
level in the room I intend to use Wifi in.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.