Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
amdx[_2_] amdx[_2_] is offline

Default US Budget for Dummies....

On 12/28/2012 6:32 PM, Charles wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

US Budget for Dummies.... (from http://tinyurl.com/cv3wlwx )

* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000

Lets now remove 8 zeros and pretend its a household budget:

* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts so far: $38.50

As I see it, the last item in the above 'household budget' is what most
of the discussion is about. Whose ox will be gored? All will be
gored? Then whose ox will be gored the most and who can most afford
their ox to be gored and who deserves their fat-ass ox to be gored and
who needs their ox desperately and whose ox is entitled ... tired of
this ****. Just me.

Cut every program 4% every year for the next 5 years.
Yes every SS check, yes welfare, yes foodstamps, yes medicaid, yes military.
Cut every program.

Cut the amount spent last year by 4%, not the amount proposed to be spent.

Yes, I hope to be collecting a SS check. I know it will be smaller,
it's worth it, if it shrinks government.

Mikek