Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Controlling Thermal Growth

Interesting idea. Rather than trying to keep the work at room temp, keep the
work predictably above room temp? Makes a lot of sense.

I was thinking some kind of cooling bath with circulator. Water has a high
heat capacity, compared to metals.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
Greetings Joe,
At first thought, at least to me, the following idea seemed kind of
hokey, but maybe it will work. How about using a heater? Instead of
waiting for the head to heat up or having variable results in
different shops why not use a thermostat controlled heater? Then the
thing stays at some pre-determined temperature and tight tolerances
can be held.
Eric