View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to alt.home.repair
external usenet poster

Default Is Diamon-Fusion worth the price?

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ce-342154-.htm
DFI, Inc. wrote:

Square Peg wrote:

I am about to replace a shower door unit. When the installer came out
to measure, he recommended that we get the glass treated with
something called Diamon-Fusion. He said it would make the glass easier
to clean and last longer.

I did a little checking and came up with the links below. The ads
claim that treated glass never needs cleaning, is 10 times stronger,
won\'t get dings (mostly for car windshields), etc. I didn\'t see a
claim for getting rid of belly-button lint, but I may have missed
that.

Does anyone have any experience with this stuff? I never heard of it.

I don\'t know how much this will cost, but if it\'s this good, I would
think that the glass manufacturers would offer something like it
themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2MyQTY6saY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GzwbxEuUbg

http://www.diamonfusion.com/en/products/improves.html

Hello,

I am a representative from Diamon-Fusion International. Sorry for the late response, we just learned of this site and the postings here so I hope it’s ok if I answer some of the what seems like are the most confusing points when comparing coatings.

-Diamon-Fusion® is a low-maintenance, not a no-maintenance coating for silica-based surfaces (glass, ceramic, porcelain, tile, granite, and quartz). Using most brand name window cleaners on the market to clean DFI treated glass is harmful because they are acidic and harsh. Diamon-Fusion® is easily cleaned with just mild soap and water, so harsh chemicals are never needed. Nothing lasts forever, so claims of “it never needs reapplication, top ups, revitalizers, or any mandated products to keep it working” need to be very carefully considered.

-Diamon-Fusion® is a patented product. In a sea of questionable claims about what products can do, a patent is the rock you can rely on to make sure the technology is real. Our patent number is 6,245,387 — check the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office website (www.uspto.gov) for more information.

-Diamon-Fusion® is typically professionally applied and therefore is not generally available to the public through retail outlets. We’ve been working really hard to change that though, so look for our do-it-yourself product in the near future at major home centers! In the meantime, however, we do offer a kit with the D-I-Y, non-patented coating that’s lower cost and you can get directly from us, or from authorized applicators in your area. Give us a call toll-free at 888-344-4DFI(334) to find one near you.

-Diamon-Fusion®‘s major benefit provided for homeowners is through its water repellency; it resists hard water stains, soap scum build up, mold, mildew, bacteria, mineral deposits and leaching, and the coating also helps resist scratches. Additionally, there’s an up to twenty percent increase in the brilliance of glass, helping to beautify those surfaces and therefore your home. Independent testing has also proven that Diamon-Fusion® helps make glass up to ten times harder to pit, chip, or crack. It’s completely optically clear and the coating is guaranteed to never haze, yellow, crack, or peel.

-Diamon-Fusion®‘s warranty is very clearly defined: If the basic maintenance instructions have been followed, and the contact angle of your treated architectural glass ever falls below 11-degrees, we’ll honor the warranty. No questions, guesses, or opinions… just clear, measurable, and defined. Our basic maintenance is simply this: Never use any harsh or abrasive chemicals or cleaning implements, and do an easy, just wipe-it-down, weekly cleaning which you’re likely doing anyway. Other warranties lack definition; how is “easy to clean” defined? Who is the final arbiter of whether the surfaces are truly “easy to clean”? If you disagree, how is it measured? Our answers are clear and simple.

-Diamon-Fusion® products are easily Revitalized. We support our product and give you tools you can use to make maintenance even easier by having additional products that are uncomplicated to use, inexpensive, and easy to obtain. If you ever do happen to seriously neglect your treated surfaces, they’ll help you bring them back to “like new” condition, should you need to.

Hopefully this response has helped give you more information about our product. We’d love to talk to you about these benefits and others, and invite you to visit our website (www.diamonfusion.com), or better yet—give us a call. Please contact us soon and let us do our best to share with you how to clean less and make your life easier!

Thanks to everyone for your input, and we hope to have you as a Diamon-Fusion® customer in the near future.