Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default Do Not Purchase Eset NOD32 Antivirus Software

writes:

I had purchased this software, and I found it to be useable, but quite
unequal to many of the other antivirus programs out
there. Furthermore, a renewal, unlike a new purchase, cost $80. So I
decided to get another antivirus program. Eset does not turn off,
cannot be uninstalled via the control panel, and can not be
deleted. The only way to remove the program is to download the Eset
uninstaller from the Eset website, go through two separate restarts,
and risk damaging your computer. Had the product simply been
unsatisfying, I wouldn't have said anything about it. But since the
product is so difficult to remove, takes up so much disk space, slows
down my computer, and constantly pops up with warnings that I have not
renewed my license, I have decided that these difficulties must be a
deliberate attempt to keep someone from changing to a new program. Do
not buy this product, for it is terrible.

AV software? How quaint.

Try going he

http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora

and permanently solve your AV issues.