Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

On 28 Dec 2012 12:40:34 GMT, Han wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:kbi9p2$mqs$1
:

Han wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

I don't know the particulars. How did the thieves know of this?
How did they know that he was going away for that long? If he has
"many"(?) guns in a large safe, why didn't he have an alarm system?
Those items come into the judgement of his degree of responsibility
or lack of it. How soon did he notify the police? Did he have
liability insurance?

What in the world does him having or not having liability insurance
have to do with it Han?

Mike, if I had a firearm, I'd want to be covered for all eventualities
associated with it. Since a firearm is probably at least as
dangerous as an automobile, a responsible owner would carry liability
insurance. I would count it against an individual if he didn't carry
that insurance.

I am sorry Han, but that just does not make any sense.

Is this clearer, Mike? If I had my druthers, it would be required for
gun owners to have liability insurance covering the weapons.

OK, why, specifically, would liability insurance be necessary and how
would it be used? Why are you offering this added billions of dollars
of windfall to the insurance companies and why do you wish to thrust
it upon so many law-abiding citizens against their will?

Several hundreds of millions of weapons are handled every year without
incident. Why would you change that? Just because you don't like
guns? How would it protect against misuse by those few who do?
Remember, only the law-abiding folks would be forced to buy insurance.
None of the criminals would have it or get it. How would it change
anything or stop crime? Answer: It would not and could not.

I believe in teaching all children to swim at an early age so they
never have the chance to drown. I'd add weapons handling to that
training, for people of all ages, if I were in charge. Especially for
the cops who keep shooting innocent bystanders. Why aren't you
lamenting over (and vocal activist against) that instead of trying to
bankrupt us law-abiding citizens who never shoot anyone, Han?

BTW, where are you getting your information which points you in this
direction, anyway? That needs to be looked into, for all our sakes.

--
You can either hold yourself up to the unrealistic standards of others,
or ignore them and concentrate on being happy with yourself as you are.