Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

On 28 Dec 2012 12:56:30 GMT, Han wrote:

wrote in :

On 27 Dec 2012 19:29:43 GMT, Han wrote:

wrote in
:

If your name didn't appear in the paper, you'd better get a weapon,
fast. You've just been made a target.

Unless the criminals want to get the guns ...

Good grief, Han. If they want weapons, they'll go downtown and buy
one on the corner. They WON'T break into a house where people are
armed to steal one. You're amazing.

I think it was right on "target" to publish the names, addresses,
and photographs of the newspaper employees. Sauce for the gander.

I disagree. The circulation desk secretary had no say in the original
misdeed. Now she/he is a target. This newspaper is going to go
bankrupt within a week.

To bad. The legally registered gun owners did nothing wrong either.
How is the secretary a target?

This was my misinterpretation of what the blogger was said to have done.
It was "only" higher ups at the paper. Although, why the Rangers sports
guy was mentioned, I don't know.

He (and the others mentioned) are now a target for people angry at the
paper for publishing that map plus personal details of gun permit
holders. They may have to seek other employment if/when the paper folds

Too bad. Women hiding from their violent spouses were "outed" too. Do
you really thing every "gun nut" is going to go to each of the
addresses listed and off the residents? There is, however, a finite
chance that some of the abuse victims will die. Your tears are on the
wrong end of this deal.