Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

wrote in :

On 27 Dec 2012 19:29:43 GMT, Han wrote:

wrote in
m:

If your name didn't appear in the paper, you'd better get a weapon,
fast. You've just been made a target.

Unless the criminals want to get the guns ...

Good grief, Han. If they want weapons, they'll go downtown and buy
one on the corner. They WON'T break into a house where people are
armed to steal one. You're amazing.

I think it was right on "target" to publish the names, addresses,
and photographs of the newspaper employees. Sauce for the gander.

I disagree. The circulation desk secretary had no say in the original
misdeed. Now she/he is a target. This newspaper is going to go
bankrupt within a week.

To bad. The legally registered gun owners did nothing wrong either.
How is the secretary a target?

This was my misinterpretation of what the blogger was said to have done.
It was "only" higher ups at the paper. Although, why the Rangers sports
guy was mentioned, I don't know.

He (and the others mentioned) are now a target for people angry at the
paper for publishing that map plus personal details of gun permit
holders. They may have to seek other employment if/when the paper folds

Best regards
Han
email address is invalid