Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:kbi9p2$mqs$1
@dont-email.me:

Han wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

I don't know the particulars. How did the thieves know of this?
How did they know that he was going away for that long? If he has
"many"(?) guns in a large safe, why didn't he have an alarm system?
Those items come into the judgement of his degree of responsibility
or lack of it. How soon did he notify the police? Did he have
liability insurance?

What in the world does him having or not having liability insurance
have to do with it Han?

Mike, if I had a firearm, I'd want to be covered for all eventualities
associated with it. Since a firearm is probably at least as
dangerous as an automobile, a responsible owner would carry liability
insurance. I would count it against an individual if he didn't carry
that insurance.

I am sorry Han, but that just does not make any sense.

Is this clearer, Mike? If I had my druthers, it would be required for
gun owners to have liability insurance covering the weapons.

--
Best regards
Han