Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

On 27 Dec 2012 20:17:52 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 27 Dec 2012 13:07:21 GMT, Han wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On 27 Dec 2012 01:36:30 GMT, Han wrote:

I had said (among other things)

those sales should be officially illegal.

Larry Jaques wrote in
om:

Generally, they already are, Han. All those boys on big-city
side- street alleys selling guns to their crazy friends aren't
walking the straight and narrow.

Geesh, than that must be true Larry (intentionally sarcastic)
Now, where did those firearms come from? In New York City "they"
(police/press, whatever) say it is because in some/many states
further south along I95 it is perfectly legal to buy a gun for most
people, and some just drive up north and sell them, or lose them.

Or they're stolen from law abiding citizens or driven across the
border. I hear the CIA imports 'em, too, not to mention certain
folks at the ATF (but they export more).

Law abiding citizens should be responsible enough to prevent theft.
If, god forbid, a weapon is stolen, that citizen should promptly
inform the aurthorities and his insurance company. If that citizen is
not responsible enough to prevent multiple weapons from being stolen,
his permit should be revoked.

I agree that arsenals should be locked, but to protect the owner's
property more than anything else. It is also good to keep weapons out
of the hands of criminals.

"Driven across border", you mean state
borders, right? That is because in some states it is much easier to
get a ewapon than in others.

No, our country borders.

The US has the armaments industry (too much right nearby in CT). I don't
thin porous borders is the main reason for loose guns.

To criminals, who can't/won't buy legal local guns, import guns are a
lot cheaper and easier to get away with.

Sure the responsibility goes up higher. However, the true shacklers
are the gun lobbyists including the NRA.

I totally and absolutely disagree. Gun lobbyists have not increased
crime one iota. Gun abolitionists _have_. Note that all massacres
seem to happen in the Left's Gun Free Zones.

The loopholes in the assault weapons ban etc were there because of gun
lobbyists. Gun abolitionists can only increase victims, not criminals.
I have no idea where all massacres happened. Tucson was not a gun free
zone, Webster wasn't. Aurora was a private theater in a gun-crazy state.

I recant my "all massacres" and revise it to "most massacres", OK?

One major reason that US violent crime has been going down since the
'90s is thanks to your Left. They got abortions legalized. The rest
is history. Thank you for that. (Unwanted/unloved/unrestrained
children turn rancid.) Please note that this is one of the very, very
few things I agree about with the Left.

As I said, it started around Giuliani's time, whether or not demographics
was more important or increased minor crime fighting. Meither can be
"blamed" on the left.

Yes indeed, kids should be loved, but that is difficult to enforce.

It sure should be, especially in deep urban settings, where the child
welfare people are on every block every day, anyway. sigh

Have to go pay attention to kids and grandkids ...

Goodonya, Han.

--
You can either hold yourself up to the unrealistic standards of others,
or ignore them and concentrate on being happy with yourself as you are.