Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Snow, anyone else get it, too?

When you mentioned the 48 minutes, I was wondering
if you were driving or bicycling. Sad that you got injured.
You a one handed Usenet poster, now?

One friend of mine took a spill recently (no snow). Same,
a kind person watching had a pickup truck, gave him and
his bike a ride back to his car.

Some kind people left in the world.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Wes Groleau" wrote in message

Ours was Wednesday. I had a doctor appointment eight miles away.

Looked out, didn't see the blizzard they had promised. Radio said it
was south of us but it was coming.

Took me 48 minutes to get there because of the headwind. But I figured
the good news is I'll get home faster and the wind will make the storm
_stay_ south.

Wishful thinking. When my appointment was over, it was full force. I
decided to hang out in the library near the doc's office till it was over.

Only a mile from home when I put on a rather spectacular display of
acrobatics on an unplowed street. My audience, who had a four-wheel
drive pickup, took me and my bike to my house and then me to the E.R.

No fractures, but I'll be a semi-sedated one-armed man for a while.

Someone else will have to shovel my walkway. If he/she has a heart
attack, I can put them on my trailer and drag it one-handed the three
blocks to the E.R. faster than the ambulance can make the round-trip.

--
Wes Groleau

He that complies against his will is of the same opinion still.
- Samuel Butler, 1612-1680