Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Termite inspectors and plumbing leaks

In a case like that, I think it's totally reasonable to charge some for
travel, and time. I'd tell the caller on the phone that due to price of gas,
and taking you away from other calls, you need "this much" money, regardless
of what you find.

For refrigeration, I get $75 diagnostic work up, regardless.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

wrote in message
The termite inspector reports a pipe leak under a house.
The owner of the house calls me to check it out.
I crawl under the house for the better part of an hour getting dusty, dirty
and tired.
About 80% of the time I don’t find a leak.
I’m guessing that termite inspectors lie about 80% of the time
but what do you think?
I tell the owner of the house that I couldn’t find a leak.
If my policy is that I don’t charge for estimates,
should I charge the owner for the termite inspectors wild goose chase?
What would you do?