Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] recyclebinned@gmail.com is offline

Default Termite inspectors and plumbing leaks

The termite inspector reports a pipe leak under a house.
The owner of the house calls me to check it out.
I crawl under the house for the better part of an hour getting dusty, dirty and tired.
About 80% of the time I don’t find a leak.
I’m guessing that termite inspectors lie about 80% of the time
but what do you think?
I tell the owner of the house that I couldn’t find a leak.
If my policy is that I don’t charge for estimates,
should I charge the owner for the termite inspectors wild goose chase?
What would you do?