Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The HISTORY Behind Gun Control

On 12/27/2012 6:30 AM, David Kaye wrote:
Back in the 1960s, Ronald Reagan was governor of California. He was IN
FAVOR of gun control.

Back in the 1960s, the National Rifle Association was IN FAVOR of gun
control.

Y'see, the NRA was a group formed after the Civil War in 1871 to teach
soldiers how to shoot properly because soldiers couldn't shoot worth a damn.
It is said that they wasted 1,000 rounds of ammo for each Confederate
soldier hit, making the war last far longer than it should have.

WHAT CHANGED EVERYTHING was Oakland's Black Panther Party. Huey Newton and
Bobby Seale had founded the Black Panther Party (For Self-Defense) after
some brutal anti-black killings in Oakland. They felt they had to arm
themselves. When Huey and Bobby went to Sacramento to protest a proposed
gun law, they packed weapons into the legislative chambers, FREAKING OUT
EVERYONE.

Due to racism against the Black Panther Pary, racists in the NRA took an
anti-black stance and decided that if the Panthers could pack guns, they
would, too. The pacifist NRA board members were overthrown in a coup and
the current pro-gun NRA was established in 1969.

So, we have the Republican governor of California in FAVOR of gun control,
and the NRA in FAVOR of gun control, until they learned that blacks might
use guns to protect themselves against racist violence. So, in short, the
NRA started a race war.

Nice going, NRA.

Bwahahahahahahaha! That has got to be the funniest P.L.L.C.F. codswallop
filled rant I've heard all year. Regan was a Democrat back then you
drooling dolt. Republicans in that era consistently backed civil rights
legislation. I suppose you're one of those White slavery deniers too
who has an apoplectic fit whenever someone points out that The KKK was
spawned by and is populated by Democrats. I'll never understand how The
Democrats have pulled the wool over the eyes of my darker skinned
cousins in this country without them realizing that The Democrats have
bought them and enslaved them all over again in a different form. O_o

TDD