Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

On 12/27/2012 07:35 AM, Han wrote:
nd when that gets extended to weapons of the Bushmaster ilk,

You simply do not know what you're talking about. Period.
I have head weapons of that "ilk" in my hands on- and off since
I was a young teenager. No on got hurt, not one got threatened,
and no crime was committed. You know why? Because it isn't the
tool it's the carpenter, duh... A Bushmaster, AR, AK, H&K, or
any other weapon from single shot to full-auto is not inherently
more- or less dangerous. The person holding it is more- or
less dangerous.

And now we get to the nub of the issue. Ever since the counterculture
of the 1960s (aka "The Smelliest Generation") we've been told that
evil is not an objective thing. That we should instead try to understand
the context and suffering of the poor criminal whose is, in fact,
a victim of something or other: poverty, racism, bullying,
bad breath ... whatever. The left has successfully turned almost
everyone into a victim and thereby relieved them of moral responsibility.
Sandy Hook is the result. Until the society decides that evil
is inexcusable - no matter what the mitigating circumstances - we
will continue to see this sort of thing ... and the political
left will continue to assault our liberty in a vain hope that
neutering everyone will make evil go away. They are - as always -
dead wrong about almost everything.

Tim Daneliuk