Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default A Not So Merry Christmas in Webster, NY

On 12/27/2012 07:16 AM, Han wrote:
The US has
an enormously larger gun-related death rate than any other civili

1) Because of our stupid drug laws. Interestingly, the rate
of violent assault and home invasion is far higher outside
the US than within AND the US violent crime rates have
fallen precipitously even in the face of the wide availability
of guns AND the sunsetting the the absurd "assault weapons
ban":

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150464/Am...Worsening.aspx

2) The majority of these happen in drug-related territorial wars,
not as accidents. Most Americans simply do not care if drug
dealers kill each other.

3) "Enormously larger" - Better check your math. There are something
like 1700 deaths by gun per year in the US. There are 30,000+
auto accidents. Why do You And Yours not focus on the single
most dangerous thing threatening American lives: Small, light
cars driving at expressway speeds. We need laws to make sure
everyone is forced to drive 5000 pound SUVs because it "saves
lives".

Your position is irrational. There are something like 300 million
guns in the country and 1700 deaths by criminals, but you want to
punish the 99.9999999999999999% of gun owners that are completely
responsible.

The Ant-Gun Movement: Where reason, sanity, and careful thought
go to die.

P.S. I think the sanctimonious and self-important gun banners
should be consistent in their demands because they want
to "Save The Children (tm)":

http://www.allmax.com/MILT/
Tim Daneliuk