Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default "I need my WiFi"

Jim Thompson wrote:

I keep the neighbors at bay by declaring at cocktail parties, "I make
chips"... without further explanation ;-)

Potato or Corn? ;-)

It's all peer-to-peer, but requires password log-in.

Maybe that's adequate?

I use a spare wireless router, plugged into a spare port in the main
router. That allows access to the net, but not the private network.
That makes it easy to turn off, when you don't need wireless. To make
it even more secure requires a little bit more hardware. Linksys/Cisco,
Netgear and other OEMs have some decent information on their websites.